Sunday Market

Every town or city has a Sunday Market and Kuching is no exception. It is the best place to get anything local at cheap prices and caters to every whims and fancies of even the most discerning tourists. What do I mean 'anything'? Well, goods sold range from biscuits sold in bulk to plants to pets and even jewelleries! The only things not sold here are cars or houses. And that my friends, is pretty close to the truth. ;)

I went to the Sunday Market last weekend much to my mother's surprise coz I rarely want to go out with my parents. To the market I mean. It was a sunny day and I just got new batteries for my cam so I was raring to go and snap some pictures. Most still turned out pretty crappy though. Heh.
Char-kuey. Good to eat on its own or dunk in hot coffee. Or Bak Kut Teh. Hehe. The taste? Something like fluffy cream puffs, without cream.

Assortment of bags made from faux Pua Kumbu, an ethnic handwoven cloth.

Pearls are a girl's best friend. Diamonds too la.

Sarawak is also famous for Kek Lapis (layered cake) but I don't think anyone in the world would have expected such beautiful creations as these!

'Bugged' bunny (geddit? As opposed to Bugs Bunny? Nvm)

Red Hot Chilli Padi :D

Well I could have posted more but I'm really hungry after looking at Frankie's Kolo Mee post so some other day k? Do come to Sunday Markets coz you'll never know what you can find there! It's held every Sunday... why of course, in Satok.

posted by Anonymous @ 2:15 PM,

3 Comments:

At January 21, 2007 at 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aileen, any idea on how to categorize the posts? it seems to be running all over kuching haha. btw, its been eons since i last went to satok. like years...coz i rarely head over that side of town.

 
At January 22, 2007 at 8:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

erm...this blog IS in beta right? Then we can use 'labels'. I havent had time to actually sit and do it lol... I go to Satok like once in a blue moon.

 
At January 22, 2007 at 11:19 PM, Blogger Robin Wong said...

no, blogger is no longer in beta.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home