Kuching by the Day and Night

Currently there are only two operational Cinemas in Kuching, namely the Riverside Cineplex, and the more preferred Star Cineplex. Star Cineplex is situated at the 9th floor of the Medan Pelita building, built primarily accomodating carparks for most of the levels. From the top of the building, you can get decent view over the Kuching CBD from a distance, and it actually covers a wide view of Kuching from other angles as well. For a not so frequent movie goer like me, I sure make use of my time up there, taking pictures of the lovely city of Kuching, be it day, or night.

Kuching in the Day and Night.






It was a scary experience taking those shots, using long time exposure (slow shutter speed) by placing my camera on the extended pillar outside of the corridor. Since I did not bring back my tripod, placing my camera on that conveniently only available steady surface seemed tempting enough, but it did not fall short of another risk. The risk of having my camera falling down 9 stories to the ground, should I make any silly movement and be as clumsy as a clown. Thank goodness, none of those happened.

I shall be leaving Kuching soon, and thus, I am taking as many pictures of this lovely city as I can. This explains my frequent updates on this catcity blog.

Once I am outstation, the only thing closest to home, would be viewing those pictures I have taken and reflecting on those wonderful times I have had in this remarkable hometown that had given so much to me and my life. Kuching is such a liveable city that, once you leave, you will be sure to feel heavy-hearted.

posted by Robin Wong @ 2:48 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home