Chef at Home

Due to popular requests from my own blog, I'm writing a short review for this wonderful homey restaurant. First of all, my apologies for the shaky photos. I was reaaalllly hungry. :D

This garden restaurant has thrived from an obscure dining place to a packed house every weekend as it serves excellent food at cheap prices. Word of mouth sure beats million-dollar-advertisements eh?
It caters mostly for those who prefer Western food as you can find lamb shank, dory fish fillet, chicken chop and many others on the menu. If your mother insists on going elsewhere because she wants to eat rice, they have rice with fish/chicken on the menu too. :)
My personal favourites has got to be their Linguine Carbonara (approx. RM12) and Ice-Blended Mango (approx. RM6). A few times, I even wake up in the morning craving for their Carbonara. See... they're THAT good. I love that dish compared to elsewhere as the pasta is just nicely cooked, not overdone or undercooked (as if oft the case with other places) and the sauce is... creamy and gooey and cheesey and it doesn't taste like puke. Well admit it, some cheese sauce tastes like puke.Chef At Home is located near Hui Sing roundabout, opposite Petronas. The parking space is quite limited. You can enter their designated parking lot by going in the first lorong on the right from Hui Sing roundabout to Seng Goon Garden and the, erm... lorong after the first double-storey house you see on the right. Confused? I suck at giving directions. Anyway, to avoid the hassle, you can just park at the roadside near the bus stop opposite Petronas. Heheh. Have a great weekend!

posted by Anonymous @ 10:40 AM,

5 Comments:

At June 7, 2007 at 11:22 AM, Blogger All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

 
At June 7, 2007 at 3:15 PM, Blogger Robin Wong said...

carbonara....
slurrrrpp... learning to make my own, ekkekekekekeke.....

 
At June 8, 2007 at 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the restaurant reviews keep them coming. Also just photos of kuching, the airport, waterfront, etc would be fun for us non-malaysians to see.

 
At June 11, 2007 at 9:24 AM, Blogger Gab said...

Wow...look so yummy. Hey, are they open during lunchtime?

 
At June 16, 2007 at 10:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

all blog spots: Thanx

Robin: wow... I use prego sauce and it's never as good as the one at Chef At Home

Jay: Thanx for your support

Gabby: I dont think so dear. Oh gosh! I really must remember to send u the invite to be the author of this blog!! sooo sorry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home