St Thomas Play

I went to a play at St Thomas school on 15 June 2007 by the students. The title of the play is "Death of a Longhouse". Its a fundraising programme for the school. The show started off with a Gawai celebration at the longhouse. The dancing and performance is good and I feel like I'm watching a performance at the Sarawak Cultural Village. These students started practising for the play since 2006 and I think their effort had paid off.

Eating & drinking tuak
The lovers
The story is about the son of the longhouse chief going to Australia to further his studies and not returning. That is how the longhouse "died" without a new generation to take over. I had not been very attentive throughout the show. If you want to know more about the story, you can ask the main actor himself (in yellow shirt).

posted by Gab @ 9:59 AM,

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2007 at 10:09 PM, Blogger Sumandak said...

it is good to see youngsters involve in this traditional kind of thing..you know, youngsters nowadays like my little sister does not even know how to dance our traditional dance "sumazau"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home